Success by Six (SB6) is a nation-wide United Way framework used to build public-private partnerships with community leaders to mobilize early childhood efforts. SB6 works to ensure that all children are ready to succeed when they enter school. This core value is driving SB6 leaders in developing comprehensive action plans to address both short and long-term needs of children in our community, region, state and country.
With community support for all families, every child will enter kindergarten ready for success.
Mobilize the community to support families ensuring that all children are nurtured and ready for kindergarten. Click here to read an example of how one program is supporting this mission.
- SB6's role in the community is to fund early childhood programs and initiatives;
- build community awareness about early childhood issues and what can be done to increase school readiness;
- leverage resources;
- conduct assessments regarding children and families;
- influence systems on behalf of young children; and serve as a facilitator, broker, community problem-solver and leader in community efforts around early childhood.
- Educate and support parents
- Enhance the system and awareness for early assessment of developmental concerns
- Strengthen and expand early childhood infrastructure
- Increase quality and access to early learning experiences
Click here for information and resources for parents, providers, and early childhood professionals.
Success by Six Forums
Success by Six Forums are quarterly networking and resource sharing opportunities that connect early childhood stakeholders and professionals throughout the region. Click here to learn more about how to stay connected and get updates on what is happening in early childhood.
Next Success by Six Forum
Date: June 24, 2013
Location: Bethany Lutheran College (700 Luther Drive, Mankato), Honsey Hall 129
United Way 2-1-1
This is your 24/7 community help line. Free, confidential information and referral service that provides connections to help, programs and services in your area. Multilingual services available. Dial 2-1-1 from your landline phone or call 1-800-543-7709 from your cell phone.
United Way's Volunteer Solutions
Getting involved in your community is a great way to role model what it means to LIVE UNITED to your child. Click here to learn more!
Questions? Comments? Please click here to submit your ideas and feedback!